Agate is a member of chalcedony group, same as quartz. It is one of the oldest minerals on earth.
- Use soap, warm water and soft brush to clean it.
- Do not use abrasive chemicals or bleach.
- Agate should not be exposed to extreme heat.
- Store agate in fabric-lined box or wrap it in soft cloth.
- Keep agate jewelry separately from other jewelry to avoid scratching.
- From time to time you can polish your agate with olive oil. Just dip a small amount to a soft cloth and polish agate beads.
Agate is quite porous stone, so if it got very dirty and lost its shine try this:
- soak agate jewelry piece in warm soapy water for 30 min to 1 hour, then thoroughly rinse it in warm water. Allow your agate to air dry completely. After that use a soft cloth to shine up the beads.
As you can see, it's not a rocket science and very easy indeed. I wish you all the very cozy day and let your agates shine!